Sugar, Butter, Flour.
Create a mess in your kitchen and create this delicious Waitress inspired pie!
Crust: **optional: premade pie crust
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 6 to 8 table spoons ice water
- 1 cup sugar
- dash of salt
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon, optional
- 1 cup fresh berries
- 1 cup halved strawberries
- 3/4 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
Prep: 30 min. + chilling, Bake: 55 min. + cooling, makes 8 servings
- In a large bowl, mix flour and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Gradually add ice water, tossing with a fork until dough holds together when pressed. Divide dough into 2 portions so that 1 is slightly larger than the other. Shape each into a disk. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or overnight.
**Optional: purchase pre-made pie crust and skip this step.**
- For filling, in a large saucepan, whisk sugar, cornstarch, salt, water and, if desired, cinnamon until smooth; add blueberries. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Gently fold raspberries, strawberries, blackberries and lemon juice into blueberry mixture. On a lightly floured surface, roll out larger portion of dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim crust to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate. Add filling; dot with butter.
- Roll remaining dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; cut into 1/2 strips. Arrange over filling in a lattice pattern. Trim and seal strips to edge of bottom crust; flute edge. Bake 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven setting to 350°; bake 45-50 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack.